"We are proud to have been chosen as a strategic partner by a rapidly growing number of world-leading Telcos and MSOs"
Frank Thorup, CEO, Xstream
In the over 15 years we have been in business, we have gained a great deal of expertise, particularly from developing solutions for the technologically advanced Scandinavian market. During this time, we have grown rapidly, and our client list has expanded to include many world-leading Telcos, cable operators, broadcasters and media companies.
Contact us today to learn more about our deployed solutions and discover how we can help you create, manage, deliver and monetize simply smarter OTT & TV Everywhere solutions.
"We’re delighted to partner up with a company like Xstream who truly understands the complicated OTT/TV Everywhere ecosystem. Xstream offers more than just an online video platform/video CMS, they offer a cloud based platform with a wide palette of capabilities and features that we see as cost-effective and flexible. Importantly, Xstream MediaMaker™ is proven and future-proof, enabling us to build a platform we can grow and develop with as we move forward in a rapidly evolving market place. We need to stay ahead of the game and are relying on Xstream to help us do exactly that.”
Simon Hoegsbro, Launch Director, Lightbox
More on the Lightbox - an OTT SVOD service by Spark New Zealand
Lightbox is an OTT SVOD service offering viewers thousands of hours of insanely good TV. The service can be used across multiple devices, including laptop, desktop, iPad and Airplay on Apple TV. Xstream MediaMaker™ is the back end engine behind the service and Xstream has had a leading role in creating the OTT SVOD service.
- Win SVOD - the new 'basic cable'
- Build strong position before Netflix enters market
- Fast time to market - launch in months from scratch
- Multi screen - serving all popular platforms
Flexible platform – modularity and customisation
- MediaMaker Loading Dock efficiently managing comple supply chain
- Multi screen delivery. Across desktop, iPad, AirPlay, Samsung TV and PlayStation
- Household management with individual user profiles and parentapl rating control
- Advanced voucher functionality and backend integration
- Anvanced device management restricting devices, location and concurrence
- Fast to market. Less than a year from decision to start new company without any licensing agreements to successful launch in the market
- Market success. High market interest, nomination for awards and recognition in the market as a clear success story
- Thanks to the efficiency of MediaMaker Loading Dock, only a single person creating new quality library of thousands of titles in just a few months
- Highly scalable solution. Dimensioned for automated ingestion with transmuxing of up to 400 new series episodes per day
- Flexible and modular platform with custom extensions based on Xstream MediaMaker™
"The fact that Fuhu Inc. the fastest growing company in the US, has chosen Xstream and our professional video management platform, Xstream MediaMaker™, to build their next generation OTT video and Live TV service on their popular Nabi Tablets, is a huge recognition.”
Frank Thorup, CEO, Xstream
More on FUHU's cooperation with Xstream
A unique edutainment solution for kids made available across the widely popular nabi tablets. Exciting gamification experience with the Nabi coins custom currency model. Xstream MediaMaker™ powers the success of the fastest growing company in the US.
- Kids friendly. Easy to use video and edutainment experience
- Parental control. The most comprehensive parental control possible
- Nabi coins and treasure box. Motivate kids and reward with content etc.
- Flexible business model. Subscription packages with TVOD on top
- Smooth experience across devices, both streaming and offline playback
- Custom currency model with Nabi coins as foundation for gamification
- Live streaming as well as EST with offline playback of stored content
- Seamless experience across broad range of different devices
- Automated workflow for ingestion of content across content providers
- Differentiation of what content is made available on each device
- Scalable solution with high performance guaranteed
- Commercial success. Fastest growing company. Americas most promising company
- Great video user experience well integrated into extensive edutainment solution
- Optimized multi screen experience across different devices
- Efficient sourcing with automated workflow for all content providers
- Forbes 2014: America’s most promising companies #1
- Inc. 5000: Fastest growing company #1
“Xstream MediaMaker™ is as simple, future-proof and intuitive as it gets. The platform's module based architecture makes it easy for us to grow, change and adapt.”
Jon Espen Nergard, On Demand Product Manager, Canal Digital Go
More on the Canal Digital Go! TV Everywhere service
Cutting-edge Canal Digital GO, a VOD service for a multitude of connected devices, offering a rich solution with combination of live TV, catch-up and on demand across multiple business units and countries.
- TV Everywhere solution. From legacy DTH to a real TV Everywhere platform
- Quality content in all flavours. Live TV, catch-up, movies, series, kids etc.
- Multi country solution. Different business units, content and rules per market
- Consistent user experience across all platforms with tailored customisation
- Scalable end-to-end solution with flexible customisation
- Multi platform solution. STB, Smart TV, desktop/web, iPad, iPhone, AirPlay and Android
- Excellent user experience. Based on cross platform user experience framework
- Smart content blending. SVOD packages combined with premium TVOD content
- Broad variety of content providers, offering mix of both VOD, live and catch-up
- Advanced content restrictions. Differentiation by e.g. country, platform, devices and media lists
- Flexible front end management. E.g. cross platform content promotions and content types per business unit
- Integration with custom CRM, reporting system and multiple 3rd party solution partners
- Transition from set-top boxes to broad availability across popular devices in the market
- Addressing the different needs of multiple business units and countries well with one solution
- Increased revenue from better SVOD packages, premium TVOD and reduced churn
- Uniform strong user experience across devices. Highly rated by users on app stores
- Successfully handling large number of content providers and live channels, delivered seamlessly to users as either VOD, catch-up or live
- High level of flexibility and agility provided by the Xstream MediaMaker™ platform
“By partnering with Xstream, we are able to expand the success of our online film service."
Thomas van de Weerd, Managing Director, Pathé Thuis
More on how Pathé can stream with total security
Pathé is the world's longest established film company, continental Europe's leading cinema exhibitor, with over 1000 screens in France, The Netherlands and Switzerland. Pathé THUIS is the company’s online video service, offering premium HD quality movies on multiple devices. Pathé wanted a digital rights management solution for their OTT service, Pathé Thuis.
Drawing on our Certified Widevine Integration Partner status, we created and installed an advanced DRM solution for all mobile devices. This allows Pathé to stream without risk with studio approved DRM technology Google Widevine and enabling Pathé THUIS to increase the amount of high-quality premium video content on multiple devices in direct response to their consumer demand.
- Based on Widevine encryption for all mobile devices
- Uses some of the world’s most advanced encryption technologies
- Works on iOS and Android
- Includes software components, integration and technical support
“We promise our customers we will be first. Xstream helped us keep our promise with a state-of-the-art video on demand solution, which we – and our customers are delighted with.” Jarle Johnsen, Head of Services Platforms, Altibox
Altibox wanted to be the first company in Norway to create a TV Everywhere solution for their customers.
We created a TV Everywhere solution for Altibox, which is named Altibox Chill. This allows the company’s customers to access their wide selection of on-demand and Flow TV on all enabled platforms. MediaMaker is the video management system behind the service.
- Provides advanced media assets management
- Encrypts content
- Automates workflows
- Enables management of user accounts, payment and product and pricing models
- Catch up live TV
- VOD and Flow TV
“Thanks to Xstream, today we possess a highly flexible and customized system. They have fulfilled all our needs – and then some.”
SBS TV are a part of Europe's second biggest television company, covering 77 million households in 13 countries in Europe. They wanted to leverage more revenue from their content rights, and attract a larger audience, by moving beyond linear TV.
We built an entirely new online video portal with MediaMaker. Named ‘NUTV’, this carries movies, live football matches and a variety of other content to customers across Denmark. Since it was introduced, the company has enjoyed significant growth.
- Integrates with DIBS billing system (including third-party systems)
- Enables management of products, prices, customers, banners, subscriptions and more
- Delivers seamless, automated deployment and workflow
"With more than 1 million unique users every month, Filmweb is the leading online video portal for trailers in Norway, a really cool client to work with"
Kasper Schlundt, Sales Manager EMEA, Xstream
More on how Filmweb became the leading online video portal of trailers in Norway
Filmweb is the leading online video portal of trailers in Norway, and operates as an IT company for the cinema and broadcasters industry in Norway.
Filmweb needed a platform to show all their trailers on, a platform where the same content could be used for several independent websites. An important feature for Filmweb when choosing an online video platform was that the solution had to be easy-to-use and contribute to ease and automate workflows, so that Filmweb could focus on content and not the time consuming processing and technology.
Filmweb decided to use Xstream’s Online Video Platform, MediaMaker, to encode, manage, distribute to all platforms, syndicate, track viewers engagement per video and category, most seen trailers, media scheduling and much more.
With more than 1 million unique users every month, Filmweb is the leading online video portal for trailers in Norway. Filmweb has been using Xstream’s online video platform since 2008 to stream their content out on all kind of platforms. Filmweb is using MediaMaker for media management assets, encoding, distribution and hosting on more than 80 independent websites.
Xstream MediaMaker™ is the preferred video management system by leading telcos, cable operators, network and broadcasters, enabling them to create, manage, deliver and monetize simply smarter OTT and TV Everywhere solutions characterized by superior flexibility, usablitlity, scalability and cost-efficiency.